Service Fees & Bar Services
Waiters are employed to ensure guests’ comfort & relaxation during any function.
This service is compulsory and the following requirements apply:
• Plated menus require one waiter per table up to 10 guests.
• Buffet menus require one waiter for every two tables of up to 10 guests each.
• One bar attendant per 50 guests will be needed for all types of bar requirements.
• Service charges and bar prices are subject to change without prior notice.
• No beverages may be brought onto the premises.
• BREAKFAST FUNCTION: Last round will be called at 12h00/ Bar will close at 12h30
• LUNCH FUNCTION: Last round will be called at 16h00 / Bar will close at 16h30
• DINNER FUNCTION: Last round will be called at 23h30 / Bar will close at 24h00
• Please note that all food and beverages will be supplied by the hotel, should you for any reason require bringing in your own food Kosher or Halaal there will be a Surcharge per person of R100.00 per person.
• Please note that should you wish to supply your own Special Wine or Champagne for your function or any other beverages that the Hotel is not able to supply, there will be a Corkage fee of R75.00 per bottle.
• Riverstone Lodge reserves the right to close the bar at anytime, and for any reasons that may be harmful to the property or staff of Riverstone Lodge.
In order to qualify for the discounted rates on Children, the numbers of children and their respective ages should be confirmed at least 14 days prior to the function date. Please find below the breakdown of the ages;
0 to 4 years Free of charge
5 to 12 years Half price
13 years and above Adult price
Set up and Cut off Times
• Set up time is from 2 hours prior to the Function, unless otherwise arranged with Management.
• An overtime rate of R1500 per hour after 00h00 will be charged.
• This will automatically be added to your account at the end of the function.
Furniture & Equipment – Risk/Loss/Damages
• Candles may not be placed directly on the linen. Candle holders should be wide enough to ensure no wax damage to the linen.
• No permanent alterations are allowed, to include hooks in the walls, roof or frames.
• Any damage to Riverstone Lodge property, including linen, will be charged accordingly.
• No paper confetti, streamers, feathers or rice are allowed at Riverstone Lodge. You are welcome to use flower petals or bubbles.
• No fireworks will be allowed on the Riverstone Lodge property.
• Décor, props & draping must be removed by 09h00 on the day following the function.
• Any décor not removed, will be taken down and Riverstone Lodge staff will not be accept liability for loss or damage of any item during this period. Any items not removed within 7 days of being placed in storage will be discarded.
• Should the Riverstone Lodge building, gardens, décor or napery be damaged by the clients’ suppliers during the set up or break-down operations of the function, the client shall be held responsible and will be billed accordingly.
• Riverstone Lodge, its employees or any person employed at any function will not be held liable for any loss or injury to persons, due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever.
• Riverstone Lodge will not be liable for the loss or damage to any property whatsoever (décor, gifts, valuables etc). We recommend that all personal and valuable property be removed directly after the function.
• Bookings are secured by payment of the 50% of invoice and on reception of a signed contract.
• Menu options and bar requirements to be confirmed by no later than 2 weeks prior to the function date.
• Full payment is required a week prior to the function.
• NOTE: Riverstone Lodge is now a cashless environment.
We no longer accept cash.
• Two weeks prior to the function at the final appointment, the following is confirmed:
– procedures of function day
– final number of guests
– bar requirements
– balance of the invoice is payable
On the day of the function the balance of the bar account / full bar account is settled as well as any possible overtime costs and costs for damages / breakages.
• In the event of non-payment of the Invoice within the time specified, Riverstone Lodge is entitled to cancel a provisional booking without further notice or liability to the client. The provisional booking will only be held for 7 days, in which Riverstone Lodge must receive the 50% deposit of the invoice.
• The final number of guests as discussed at the final appointment will be the number charged for unless attendance is greater.
• Should the function be cancelled or rescheduled, for whatever reason once the deposit has been paid, the deposit will only be refunded once the date has been re-booked by another function to the same value.
• This refund will be made less a 20% handling fee and should the venue not be re-booked, the full payments received will be forfeited.
• In the event of non-payment within the time specified, Riverstone Lodge shall be entitled to cancel a booking without further notice or liability to the client.
• Riverstone Lodge reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage to, or destruction of the venue by fire, shortage of labour, strikes, industrial unrest, or any other cause beyond the control of Riverstone Lodge, which shall prevent it from performing its obligations.
• Clients must confirm all changes, information and cancellations in writing. No instructions, changes or cancellations will be taken telephonically.
• Cancellation between 45 and 60 days prior to the date of arrival, 25% invoice will be charged.
• Cancellation between 30 and 45 days prior to the date of arrival, 50% invoice will be charged.
• Cancellation between 0 and 14 days prior to the date of arrival, 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
• No exception to the cancellation policy will be made.